We have assembled this wiki to help ensure a smooth transition of work from any location using MAXSURF, MOSES or SACS applications.
There are several options to work remotely. You may decide to install the software on your home computer which is our recommendation, or connect to a work machine virtually using Remote Desktop Connection or other virtualization software. MAXSURF, MOSES and SACS products will work on most machines running Windows, but we recommend Windows 10.
Important notice about use of Bentley applications in virtual environments – click here
All Bentley software is downloaded from the Bentley Software Downloads pages: https://softwaredownloads.bentley.com/
General download and installation directions are available here.
- You need to be a CONNECTED user to download and use Multiframe, Maxsurf, MOSES or SACS.
- During of installation of products, the CONNECTION Client will also be installed.
- The Bentley CONNECTION Client is the mechanism to sign-in and entitle all current Bentley applications.
- Sign-in using your work email address. If your company has a federated sign-in with Bentley, then the password will be your company password, otherwise use your Bentley password.
- The System Clock should be accurate. We recommend the “Set time automatically” option in the Windows Date & time settings.
- After initial connection, you can check out a licence to work offline if necessary, see Reserving a License
- When starting any MAXSURF, MOSES or SACS product the first time, be sure to select the right option or license tiers. If you are not sure which license option or tier to use check with your local administrator first. This CONNECT Licensing Guide – Analysis Products shows how and where to change the license configuration in our various applications.
Accessing Product Documentation
- Product Manuals are installed with your application, and accessible via Help menu inside the programs.
- Product documentation is also available online at https://docs.bentley.com/LiveContent/index.html – scroll down and look under “Offshore Structural Analysis”
- Background technotes, tips & tricks, and FAQs are in the Support Solutions
Additional Training and Videos
- Multiframe and MAXSURF Learning Paths are now under the MOSES umbrella
- MOSES Learning Path
- SACS Learning Path
Special Interest Groups and upcoming Webinars
- Offshore SIG
- Virtual Learning Opportunities March 30- April 3
Resolving licensing issues
- Subscription Entitlement Service
- Bentley User Registration
- Offline Usage
- How to ensure usage from only one user on a shared workstation
- How remote usage is recorded with Subscription Entitlement Service (SES)
- How to check out licenses from Entitlement Management (how to run offline)
- How to bulk checkout licenses from Entitlement Management (extended offline scenarios)